Dan Kimball argues that the people he meets like Jesus but not the church. That is, they have one of a number of objections to the church while Jesus is regarded with respect. The objections are:
- The church is an organised religion with a political agenda.
- The church is judgmental and negative
- The church is dominated by males and oppresses females.
- The church is homophobic.
- The church arrogantly claims all other religions are wrong.
- The church is full of fundamentalists who take the whole Bible literally.
I am not so interested in Dan’s solutions what I am interested in is, has he got his analysis right? What do you think?